Know When To Say I'm Sorry


So many people are good in saying 'I'm Sorry', but very unrepentant in saying 'I'm Sorry' at the wrong time.

Anchor Scripture: {1 Samuel 25:8-24}-paraphrased
David sent message to Nabal through his men, saying, vs 8b: "Let my young men find favour in your eyes, for we come on a feast day. Please give whatever comes to your head to your servant and to your son David.''
vs10-11: ''Then Nabal answered David's servants, and said, "Who is David, and who is the son of Jesse? "Shall I then take my bread and my water and my meat that I have killed for my shearers, and give it to men who I do not know where they are from 
Then David said to his men when they returned with Nabal's distasteful news saying, "Every man grid on his sword!''
vs 14: ''Now one of the young men told Abigail, Nabal's wife, saying, "Look, David sent messengers from the wilderness to greet our master but he reviled them.''
vs 18: ''Then Abigail made haste and took two hundred loaves of bread, two skins of wine, five sheep already dressed, five seahs of roasted grains, one hundred clusters of raisins, and two hundred cakes of fig, and loaded them on donkeys.''
vs 24: ''So she fell at his (David's) feet and said: 'On me, my lord, on me let this iniquity be!' And please let your maidservants speak in your ears, and hear the words of your maidservant."
*Kindly read I Samuel Chapter 25 for the full account.

From the above anchor scripture, we glaringly see the wisdom of Abigail come into play. Her apt apology made David retract the vengeance he intended to execute on Nabal and his people. Imagine if she had delayed her apology, reverse would have been the case.

I know of a temperamental man who is always in the habit of going ballistic at his wife in public, but never fails to apologize to her in private. Each time he apologized to his wife thereafter, she nonchalantly accepted his plea for peace sake. Even after she had accepted the apology, she remained hurt and bitter within, wishing her husband was mature enough to apologize to her in public instead of saving it to when they go private.

A great number of people have terminated a once blossoming relationship because of their inability to say 'I'm Sorry' when it is dearly needed, hence, it becomes too late to make amends when they soon realize that the supposed drift was initiated by them.

Saying sorry at the wrong time will cost you a fortune, but saying sorry at the right time will reinstate your peace, solidify your relationship (with God and with man), escalate your joy, and in turn yield graceful shared moments.

Know when to say I'm Sorry...


Have a Great day!


No Blogging Without You, Thank You For Visiting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sir Isaac Newton Is Ranked No.24 Out Of The 100 People That Changed The World, With Jesus Christ As No 1..His Story Will Inspire You..Read And Be Encouraged

UNEQUALLY YOKED

Virtue Left Me...